Donating your time to MCFS will make a difference in the life of someone in need. Our volunteers help us build computers for classrooms, disassemble computers for recycling, sort and organize equipment, and more.
Ready to get started? Click here to sign up!
What will I do as a volunteer?
Our volunteers help with a variety of activities in the warehouse that will help us get computers in the hands of people who need them. No technology experience is required to volunteer at MCFS. Projects may include:
- Building and testing computers
- Disassembling computers for recycling
- Sorting parts and organizing equipment
Benefits of Volunteering at MCFS
Thousands of people in the Twin Cities lack the access and skills to the technology necessary to succeed in school and in the workforce. MCFS is closing the digital divide in Minnesota by providing access to refurbished computers and free IT skills training. Volunteering at our warehouse makes a huge impact on people in your community in many ways:
- Close the digital divide by helping to make sure everyone has access to technology and the skills needed to succeed.
- Learn how to build a computer!
- Protect the environment by helping us reuse and recycle thousands of pounds of e-waste.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone! We welcome all ages and technology experience levels to get involved at MCFS.
Group volunteer events
We love to host groups of co-workers, students, or friends at MCFS. Your group will spend a few hours learning about technology and making a difference in the lives of people in the community.
To schedule a group volunteer event, contact Katie McMahon.