Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Full-Time Business Development Manager
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates digital equity for students in need by partnering with schools and educational organizations to provide technology access, engaging STEM programming, and IT workforce development in underserved communities.
Reports to: Workforce Development Manager
We are looking for a technology instructor to lead digital literacy and IT training courses for our CORE: IT program. As an instructor, you will be leading live online classes, working directly with students to help them achieve their career goals. Applicants should have a passion for technology, teaching, and building digital equity.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead synchronous, online classes to work with adult students to prepare for entry-level IT jobs
- Hold regular office hours outside of scheduled class times to provide additional one on one instruction, feedback, and support to students
- Design courses and curriculum to best help students be successful in the program and in their career
- Aid students in building “soft skills” (professional communication, email etiquette, resume, and interview skills) to excel at their first IT job
- Previous teaching, tutoring, or job training experience
- 2+ years experience in a technology-focused role
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft 365
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with disadvantaged communities
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural competence
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Familiarity with Grow with Google and LinkedIn Learning curriculum platforms
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft certifications
Salary and Hours:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Part-time, specific hours to be discussed. Classes are generally held on weekday afternoons and evenings. Instructors should make themselves available for office hours 1 hour per live class session taught.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and a to Feather LaRoche, Workforce Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek motivated and qualified candidates and value every background, identity, and experience. We believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams and are dedicated to creating a workplace where every person is respected, heard, and has opportunities to thrive.