Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Technical Support Specialist
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need.
Location: Minnesota Computers for Schools
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support to MCFS customers in a timely and professional manner. In addition, the person in the role will assist in production and work with the Operations Manager to establish and maintain testing requirements for all elements of R2, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, and operational procedures within MCFS. Click here to review the full job description.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for customers
- Maintain the MCFS Computer Image.
- Assist production as needed
- Assist with internal systemwide issues
- Manage miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as needed by management.
Desired Education and Experience:
- BS in Information Technology preferred
- A+ Certification (Microsoft) preferred
- 1+ years technical support experience
- 2+ years experience with PCs and laptops
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft OS
- Some warehouse or production type experience preferred
- Strong computer skills to include Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to troubleshoot computer systems, develop and update website, and understand the recycling process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to plan, prioritize, problem solve, make decisions and manage his or her workload.
- Ability to work independently and establish and maintain work goals, objectives and standards.
- Advise supervisors and coworkers of developments that impact job duties, ensuring proper, timely communication.
- Ability to inspect, examine and observe product or equipment defects. Possess basic mathematical aptitude.
- Possess strong organization skills, detail-orientation, ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Understand confidential nature of organization information and maintains confidences.
Physical Requirements to Perform this Job:
- Hear and speak in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills for working on computers and operating equipment
- Regularly lift computers, monitors, printers, and other miscellaneous computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. independently or with assistance
- Stand and walk in warehouse environment for majority of 8-hour day.
- Visual acuity required for reading small print and numbers on equipment, working small computer components, performing computer data entry, inspecting and working on equipment, etc.
Perform all duties within job requirements at our warehouse in Minneapolis. Incumbent would be working with up to 10 technicians in different capacities.
Primarily work in an indoor warehouse setting; able to work in a dusty, noisy environment with no air conditioning. Periodically exposed to outdoor environment and must be able to withstand Minnesota hot and cold weather conditions.
Send resume and cover letter to: Brian Beaupre, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.