About Minnesota Computers for Schools
Minnesota Computers for Schools is a non-profit organization providing technology access and skills training to underserved individuals and help them gain the skills and confidence they need to begin a successful career in technology.
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Technical Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing level one support to Minnesota Computers for Schools customers as well as resolve internal technical issues. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our mission and strong computer hardware support experience.
Salary: $16 – $19/hour, based on experience
- Provide technical support for customers by answering calls and emails.
- Log support tickets into the system.
- Generate reports to management from the tech log.
- Assist with internal computer, network, or server technical issues.
- Help resolve technical issues with production and help build our computer image.
- Help unload trucks and check-in donated equipment.
- Prepare orders by processing requests, ordering supplies, pulling parts, packing boxes, etc.
- Sort and organize computers and parts in the warehouse.
- Maintain inventory controls through organizing and sorting materials.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, and workstations neat.
- Associates Degree in computer/networking field or 2 years of computer hardware experience.
- A+ Certification (Microsoft) preferred
- 1+ years Technical Support Experience
- Must pass a background check and drug screening in order to comply with NAID certification.
- Must be able to regularly lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- A passion for technology and closing the opportunity gap in Minnesota.
- Warehouse experience, forklift experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and team player mentality are a must.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek motivated and qualified candidates and value every background, identity, and experience. We believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams and are dedicated to creating a workplace where every person is respected, heard, and has opportunities to thrive.
To apply: To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Brian Beaupre, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2, 2021.