Microsoft is phasing out Windows 7 and 8 – what does this mean for you?
Every Windows product has a lifecycle. This lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it’s no longer supported. The expansion of Windows 10 means that MCFS will now be phasing out our support for Windows 7 and 8, outlined here:
- Effective immediately no new features will be added to Windows 7
- Windows 8 mainstream support (new updates and features) will end in 2018
- Effective immediately all new Windows downloads will be Windows 10
- All support for Windows 7 will end in 2020
- All support for Windows 8 will end in 2023
- All support for Windows 10 will end in 2025
Please also note that some repairs to hard drives operating Windows 7 or Windows 8 may result in complementary upgrades to Windows 10. Please contact MCFS Tech Support if you may need a repair or have questions about this.
For more information on Windows lifecycles and support policies, click here.
Questions? Please contact MCFS Tech Support at 612-383-2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding computer sales, click here.
We’re here to help
MCFS backs all of its computers with a warranty and technical support. If you have questions regarding a computer you purchased from MCFS, please contact us at 612-383-2400 or email@example.com.
Office hours are 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Friday. Please include the following information in your email or voice message:
- Your name
- School or organization name
- The eight digit CFS number on the equipment in question
- Nature of the problem
- How and when to contact you
We will do our best to respond to your inquiry in a timely manner. If you have an issue that needs immediate attention, please contact Lee Yang at 651.748.7916.
Be sure to check the MCFS warranty policy to determine if your product is still under MCFS warranty. If your product is not covered under warranty, we still may be able to assist you.