Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Warehouse Logistics Specialist
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and employs 11 staff, approximately 30 offenders and engages four Instructors, one Pathway Coordinator and one AmeriCorps Member. MCFS works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need. Donated computers are refurbished, upgraded and tested onsite at Stillwater correctional facility located in Bayport, MN. Schools and educational nonprofits receive warranted computers and peripheral equipment for a nominal fee.
Position Description: This is a contract to hire position. The Warehouse Logistics Specialist will assist the Warehouse Manager with all receiving functions including: Scanning, weighing and documenting all incoming material. The Specialist will also be in charge of evaluating and sorting equipment for reuse, resale or recycling and inspecting equipment and removing all memory storage devices and software wiping them or destroying the media.
- High School Diploma or GED required and at least 4 years of work experience in warehouse, transportation, shipping and receiving related capacity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Basic Computer Hardware Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- The candidate must pass background check and drug screening performed by MNCFS and the Minnesota Department of Corrections.
- Associate’s Degree in an analytical field, with 3 years’ experience in Logistics Management, Business Administration, Transportation, Warehousing, IT Procurement or Operations.
- Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or another business-related program
Candidate must pass background check performed by the Minnesota Department of Corrections and complete DOC Academy upon being hired.
Salary: Based on experience
Hours: 6:50am – 3:20pm Monday through Friday
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility at Stillwater
Please send resume and salary requirements to Thomas Tieman by April 15, 2018 at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax resumes to 651-747-1613 or mail them to our office at:
Minnesota Computers for Schools
Attn: Thomas Tieman
970 Pickett Street North
Bayport, MN 55003-1490