Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Full-time Technology Certification Instructor
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need.
Location: Training sites – Minnesota Computers for Schools, Minneapolis Urban League and Neighborhood House.
Reports to: Workforce Development Manager
- To train adult students, ages 18+ to prepare them for entry-level IT positions
- To train in skills related to CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification
- To train Adult Students, in skills related to computer refurbishing and repair related to Cisco IT Essentials
- To prepare adult students for CompTIA A+ certification test
- To teach job preparation and IT-based soft-skills training
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with adults teaching computer refurbishing and repair concepts
- Teach job preparedness skills (resume writing, interviewing skills, IT-based e-mail and chat correspondence)
- Work with MN Computers for Schools staff to coordinate program processes
- Develop supplemental material to aid in teaching computer curriculum
- Experience with technology, hardware & software
- Certified in IT Essentials, IT Fundamentals, and CompTIA A+
- Effective communication and training/teaching skills for adult students
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Experience with at-risk, disadvantaged youth & adults
- Cross-cultural competence
- Minimum AA degree; BA/BS preferred
Salary and Hours
- Competitive, based upon experience
- Full time with generous benefits and vacation package
- Hours to be discussed, training held as afternoon and evening classes, ex. 3-5 p.m. Monday – Thursday; evening session 6-8 p.m.
Send resume and cover letter to: Tamara Gillard, Executive Director, email@example.com.