Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Strategic Partnerships
MCFS seeks a Development Manager as a key contributor to the fundraising team. This person is responsible for researching grant opportunities, writing and submitting grants, and day-to-day administration of development activities including prospect research, data management, and administration. Additional duties may include coordinating donor correspondence, collaborating with staff to build an annual giving program, identifying and researching donor prospects, and maintaining a development database.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Solicit and write proposals and reports for state and city government RFPs as well as private foundation and corporation RFPs. Persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Work with the finance director to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs. Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
Major Gift/Donor Support
- Research individual donor prospects.
- Cultivate individual donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling, and attending in-person visits.
- Organize individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail, and matching gifts).
- Ensure prompt acknowledgment of gifts.
Database and Records Management
- Generate queries, reports, exports, and any other collection data as needed.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Maintain current records in the database and in paper files, including individual donations and grant tracking and reporting.
- 4-year BA/BS degree.
- 3-4 years relevant experience in fundraising or communications.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
Pay range: Salary range depends on experience and qualifications. MCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Work location flexible – hybrid model with office space at MCFS offices in Minneapolis.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and a sample executive summary from a submitted grant to Katie McMahon, Director of Marketing & Strategic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is July 9, 2021.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek motivated and qualified candidates and value every background, identity, and experience. We believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams and are dedicated to creating a workplace where every person is respected, heard, and has opportunities to thrive.