If you are interested in a career in the technology field, CORE I.T. offers classes – at no cost – to help you develop the technical and professional skills needed to secure employment and earn a stable income.
Benefits of CORE I.T.
- Classes are offered free of charge
- Students learn hands-on technology skills that include: Basic digital literacy, computer recycling and refurbishing, fundamentals of computer technology, networking, and security, how to assemble computers and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Professional Skills Development: Students learn professional soft skills to help ensure success in a professional work environment. Skills include: Financial literacy, positive work habits, professional behavior, ethics, career management, critical thinking, resume and cover letter writing, interview skills and mock interviews.
- Alumni Support Services: Students receive assistance based on the students needs. Services include: Transportation assistance, financial training, internship placement and job search assistance through our partnerships.
- Upon receiving a certification, students are eligible to earn a free laptop to help them network, research and apply for jobs.
Students are expected to attend class regularly in order to complete their certification. Cisco IT Essentials certification is a 14-week course and CompTIA A+ certification is an 8-week course. Both classes meet on Monday – Thursday evenings from 6-8PM.
What to Expect After Earning your Certificate
Most students who complete the program test for the CISCO IT Essentials Certificate and/or CompTIA A+ Certificate are eligible to enter the the technology field and earn a beginning wage of up to $20 per hour.
Ready to Get Started?