Employing a CORE I.T. Graduate
Through our CORE I.T. program, we are able to help employers build their technology teams. Training is paid for by MCFS and graduates of our program learn hands-on technology skills along with professional development skills.
We are always looking for new ways to partner with local companies who want to help our students jump start their career in technology by providing work experience.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Site Visits: Take students on a tour of your company and talk to them about a career in technology.
- Internships: Give students an opportunity to put their new skills to use.
- Mentoring: Guide students through their CORE I.T. training, job search and first job experiences.
- Employment: Give trained students an opportunity to enter the technology field.
- No hiring fees or commissions
- Graduates complete a formal IT training curriculum that lasts anywhere from 8 to 15 weeks, and covers both technical and professional skills.
- Employers don’t pay for screenings, training or certifications.
- Employers can try out a graduate on a temporary basis – there is no obligation to hire permanently
- Basic digital literacy
- Computer recycling and refurbishing
- Fundamentals of computer technology
- Computer networking
- Internet security
- How to assemble computers
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues