About Minnesota Computers for Schools
We are on a mission to close the digital divide in Minnesota.
Minnesota Computers for Schools is a non-profit organization providing technology access and skills training to underserved individuals and help them gain the skills and confidence they need to begin a successful career in technology.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Manager will be responsible for the organization’s finance, accounting and payroll functions. We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented person to oversee accounting and administrative management at our Minneapolis office.
- Process Accounts Payable and Account Receivable
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare financial expense reimbursements and invoice government entities in accordance with contract requirements and applicable regulations
- Prepare and manage restricted grants
- Prepare financial reports for grants, financial audits and others as necessary
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and make cash flow recommendations to Executive Director
- Prepare financial statements which include journal entries, general ledger postings, review of accounts, and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Perform detailed financial statement analyses, including discussions regarding areas of concern and implementing solutions on various issues.
- Prepare timely monthly and year-to-date financial statements for distribution to applicable management staff and Board.
- Compile and post journal entries associated with year-end.
- Analyze annual budgets, forecasts, and cost performance
- Compare forecasts to actual reporting.
- Interact with site personnel regarding budget variance issues.
- Summarize and report on variance issues monthly.
- Lead annual budget preparation
- Lead the annual audit
- Prepare “audit ready” financial statements.
- Prepare and maintain necessary schedules for the annual audit.
- Participate in the annual audit conducted by the external auditors
- Assist with preparation of information for federal tax and information returns, including Form 990
- Prepare annual 1099 reports and filing
- Process and administer the bi-weekly payroll process
- Serve as a partner to management and leadership
- Onboard new hires and conduct orientation sessions
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Manage and reconcile employees’ vacation, sick and PTO with third party payroll vendor
- Manage employee issues and concerns
- Manage administration of health insurance and employee benefit packages
- Maintain a fully stocked and organized office environment
- Act as receptionist- answer phone calls and greet guests
- Manage and track equipment/products donations
- Maintain required insurances, permits and business licenses
- Ensure compliance with relevant business regulations and employer policies
- Manage paperwork and logistics, as necessary
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible accounting experience, knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of HR experience, knowledge of ADP Payroll system preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage the position and output requirements in a changing environment
- Possesses strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting; sound mathematical, technical and analysis skills
- Requires intermediate knowledge and experience with financial/PC based accounting system(s)
- Requires intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills; Proficiency with additional MS Office software, preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex projects while meeting deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive, based on experience.
- Company sponsored health insurance
- Flexible hours and generous paid vacation policy
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Katie McMahon, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2020.