About Minnesota Computers for Schools
Minnesota Computers for Schools is a non-profit organization providing technology access and skills training to underserved individuals and help them gain the skills and confidence they need to begin a successful career in technology.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships
MCFS is looking for an energetic, passionate communicator to manage the pipeline of incoming equipment donations. This person will be responsible for implementing business and communications strategies to increase the amount of high-quality computer donations from businesses for refurbishing and recycling. The Business Development Manager will set measurable goals, prioritize tasks and focus on building strong relationships with donors.
- Develop opportunities with new and existing donors, prioritizing bringing in high-quality computers for data destruction services and refurbishing.
- Develop an annual sales plan detailing donation and sales volume, potential pipeline development opportunities, and areas of proposed donor expansion, with measurable plans to achieve the objectives.
- Meet with equipment donors to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Establish and execute weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales plans that meet organization’s revenue goals.
- Track incoming donations and develop monthly and semi-annual reports to measure against organization goals.
- Maintain a consistent brand identity throughout all donor interactions, communications materials, and events.
- Work with intake team in the warehouse to schedule equipment donations, send thank you letters, receipts, etc. Occasionally join warehouse associate on donation pickups to take photos and strengthen relationship with donors.
- Gather content including photos and quotes from donors, that can be used in marketing and communication materials targeted at potential equipment donors.
- Sales experience required; IT-related B2B sales experience strongly preferred.
- Personable – Strong ability to build relationships with donors, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills. Ability to engage with diverse groups of employees, community and business donors.
- Demonstrated effective use of software (i.e. Microsoft Office, CRM, MailChimp, WordPress) and tools.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work independently.
Pay Range: Salary range depends on experience and qualifications.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, salaried position. Start date, as well as scheduling for this position can be very flexible to fit the candidate’s needs and commitments.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Katie McMahon: firstname.lastname@example.org.