Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Full-Time Business Development Manager
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Strategic Partnerships
MCFS is looking for an energetic, passionate communicator to manage the pipeline of incoming equipment donations. This person will be responsible for implementing business and communications strategies to increase the number of high-quality computer donations from businesses for refurbishing and recycling. The Business Development Manager will set measurable goals, prioritize tasks and focus on building strong relationships with donors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop opportunities with new and existing donors, prioritizing bringing in high-quality computers for data destruction services and refurbishing.
- Develop an annual sales plan detailing donation and sales volume, potential pipeline development opportunities, and areas of proposed donor expansion, with measurable plans to achieve the objectives.
- Meet with equipment donors to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Establish and execute weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales plans that meet the organization’s revenue goals.
- Track incoming donations and develop monthly and semi-annual reports to measure against organization goals.
- Maintain consistent brand identity throughout all donor interactions, communications materials, and events.
- Work with intake team in the warehouse to schedule equipment donations, send thank you letters, receipts, etc. Occasionally join warehouse associates on donation pickups to take photos and strengthen relationships with donors.
- Gather content including photos and quotes from donors, that can be used in marketing and communication materials targeted at potential equipment donors.
- Sales experience required; IT-related B2B sales experience strongly preferred.
- Personable – Strong ability to build relationships with donors, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills. Ability to engage with diverse groups of employees, community and business donors.
- Demonstrated effective use of software (i.e. Microsoft Office, CRM, MailChimp, WordPress) and tools.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work independently.
Pay range: Salary range depends on experience and qualifications. MCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Work location flexible – hybrid model with office space at MCFS offices in Minneapolis.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and a to Katie McMahon, Director of Marketing & Strategic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is September 17, 2021.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek motivated and qualified candidates and value every background, identity, and experience. We believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams and are dedicated to creating a workplace where every person is respected, heard, and has opportunities to thrive.