Minnesota Computers for Schools is currently looking for a
Full-Time Technical Support Manager
About Minnesota Computers for Schools: MCFS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with schools and educationally focused community organizations to provide technology solutions and skills training to individuals in need. Donated computers are refurbished, upgraded and tested onsite at Stillwater correctional facility located in Bayport, MN. Schools and educational nonprofits receive warranted computers and peripheral equipment for a nominal fee.
Position Description: Candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers. Duties include: Responding to and resolving incoming technical support issues via phone calls and emails, performing quality assurance checks, coordinating and handling shipment of relplacements to the customer and track returns. Additionally, candidate will keep database up-to-date for tech-support issues with (including contact information, system problems and status of issue and resolution), providing back-up for the production manager when necessary, working with the director of operations to track training records for staff and offender workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or Associates Degree in computer/networking field and 2 years of computer hardware experience.
- Experience providing computer support is highly desired.
- Knowledge of computers, hardware and other peripherals, computer refurbishing and knowledge of MS Operating Systems.
- Management and warehouse experience is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- A strong background in personal computers and technology is mandatory.
Candidate must pass background check and drug tests performed by the Minnesota Department of Corrections and complete DOC Academy upon being hired.
Salary: Based on experience, eligible for benefits after 30 days of employment
Hours: 6:50am – 3:20pm Monday through Friday
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility at Stillwater
Please send resume and salary requirements to Neal Lewis by May 8, 2018 at 8am at: email@example.com. You can also fax resumes to 651-747-1613.